Thursday 8 January 2009

New Year, New Insight??

Its New Year, year 2009... everyone comes up with their own resolution for the coming year... Every year the same thing happens all over again... sometimes i too got dragged into believing such practice.. i believed it was possible to live up to my resolution. So i just thought bout a few simple resolution last year.
1. be a more hard working student
2. attend lecture (most of it at least)
3. explore more bout indonesian ppl in jogja
4. sign up for a computer course

hmm...
the month of last year, i was full of confidence and energy. Yes, i did attend most of my lecture first few months. Soon enough, i started to ignore all these resolution, i am back into my old routine(going to "selected" lecture only). About the 1st resolution, i came to a self-realization tat i am not hard working as others but yet i am smarter.. :P.. so y should i work hard if i could work smart. And there goes my 1st resolution, vanished into thin air just like that. 3rd resolution was a though one, getting to know more indonesian people... Of coz, i meet new people everyday but meeting does not count as knowing people. Thanks to some crazy idea bout France, and beloved buddies;dina and guna, i enrolled into French class. U know wat i cant say most of the french words(my tongue too used to my native language). My french teacher said all three of us speak like southern french which doesn't sound like the "offical french". Atleast, i did gain a lot of fren there and i could write and read french a bit. The 4th resolution , eventually i found i am too lazy to attend class in the afternoon or night.

I wonder why people set thier resolution for the whole year. From my personal experience, i realised my motivation level was high at begining but it started to go down as time goes on. I know many of u would disagree with me, saying u are more motivated and hard working than me. Let me ask u, have u ever thought bout all your resolution at the middle of the year? U might still remember a few but i believe not all. After all, we are still human. Human tend to forget fast.
Some of us will straightway go back to thier daily routine on the 2nd day of the year even though we wanted to be changed person. Wat to do... hmm.. let me give u a suggestion. why do u want to set resolution for the whole year. just set it for a shorter period maybe three months, 1 month or a week... since there is no rule when u should set ur resolution, feel free to set anytime, anywhere.

Live free, go with the flow..

-ravi-

No comments: